Visiting Austin - What to See and Do
(Austin, Texas - TX, USA)
Located among cascading green hills and a network of lakes, the city of Austin is famous for its country music scene. Austin prides itself on being 'The Live Music Capital of the World' and it offers visitors a small town feel, numerous tourist attractions and beautiful parklands.
Ten things you must do in Austin
- Go for a trip on a river boat cruise down the Texas Colorado River.
- Climb all the steps up to the top of Mount Bonnell and admire the panoramic views of the city.
- Take a picnic to the park and enjoy the Juneteenth celebrations.
- Attend an outdoor concert at Austin's Symphony Square.
- Go shopping at Austin's downtown Bluebonnet Market Place.
- Spend a morning or afternoon in the idyllic Zilker Park.
- Tour as many of Austin's award winning wineries as you can, sampling as many grape varieties as possible.
- Have a Stetson made at the famous hat maker, Mammy Gammage.
- Visit the Texas History Museum and see the collections of indigenous Indian artifacts, which are among the finest collections in the world.
- Watch millions of bats come out from under Congress Avenue Bridge when night falls. The best place to catch a glimpse of the bats is from Shoal Beach.